Patent and Prior Art Research
We help anyone involved in patent research to more quickly and easily find examples of prior art in the top patent and non-patent literature sources.
From patent offices to intellectual property consultants, we’re helping organisations around the world transform how they deliver their state-of-the-art and patent research.
If you are a scientist searching for the state-of-the-art, a patent lawyer looking at novelty searches or a patent examiner who wants the best prior art, the Dialog® platform has the content and search functionality you need. Through the Dialog® platform you can create precision searches within an extensive online patent databases, ensuring accurate and thorough patent research.
Dialog Solutions Patent and Prior Art Research Features:
Our flexible pricing models means you only need to pay for what you use. In the Dialog® platform, our customers can access the world’s best patent and non-patent literature databases at a price and commitment level that suits them:
– Standard Transactional Plan: Pay-as-you-go access
– Commitment Plan: Discounts when you commit to a minimum annual contract value
– Choice and Site License Plans: Flat rate subscriptions for specific databases or groups of databases
With the Dialog® platform, we provide anyone involved in patent research with an unmatched depth and breadth of quality content from collections such as INPADOC, IFI Claims and Derwent World Patents Index. This covers full text sources, images and non-patent literature from:
– 123 million patents records (including full text sources)
– 640 million newspaper and wire feeds
– 300 million scholarly journals
– 95 million trade journals
– 34 million conference proceedings
Precision Search and Alerts
Dialog offers precision search functionality across all of our databases in an easy to use interface. This is supported by the Dialog Alerts Manager, which allows you to manage multiple searches and schedule regular search alerts so that you’re always kept up to date with the latest developments.
Search results are output natively into XML, and can be exported into custom templates with keyword highlighting, saving time in the creation of search reports.
We can help create custom search strategies to find the right results in our content. Our support team can develop your search strategy for finding state-of-the-art and prior art search results in any sector and for any technology.
Patent Databases Available Through Dialog:
Derwent Chemistry Resource (DCR) offers structure searching and various other substance identification and indexing data of the chemical structures indexed from update 199916 forward within Derwent World Patents Index® (DWPISM) and the Derwent Drug File (DDF).
The INPADOC/Family and Legal Status database is produced by the European Patent Office (EPO) and describes patents issued by 101 countries and patenting organisations. The International Patent Documentation Center (INPADOC) was formed in 1972 with the support of the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) to provide a centralised bibliographic source for patent documents. INPADOC is now part of the European Patent Documentation System operated by the European Patent Office (EPO).
Free Webinar: Learn how Dialog can help with patentability searching
The references uncovered by a patentability search play a key role in making the decision to file a patent, which is an expensive and long investment. That’s why having the right search platform is vital for providing your clients with thorough and cost-effective patent consultancy.
In this pre-recorded webinar, we show you how Dialog makes it easy to find strong prior art references. You’ll learn more about:
• How Dialog can be used to perform patent searches
• The unmatched collection of both patent and non-patent scientific literature on Dialog
• The best features of Dialog for patentability searching and see them in action in a live demo
• The functionality we’re bringing to Dialog for patent researchers, including a “smart” auto-complete search tool and a workspace to easily organize search strategies
• Cost-effective patentability searching
Get in touch with us to learn how we can improve your approach to patent and prior art research.