TULSA™ (Petroleum Abstracts) provides bibliographic citations to scientific articles, patents, meeting papers, and government reports of interest to geologists, geophysicists, petroleum engineers, and other technical professionals and managers in the oil and gas exploration and production industry.
Information in TULSA comes from 300 journals and more than 200 conference proceedings, plus patent gazettes and full-text patents, government documents
and reports, dissertations, books, maps and many other sources.
Two versions of the TULSATM (Petroleum Abstracts) are available:
- ProQuest Dialog customers who contract with/subscribe directly to the University of Tulsa Petroleum Abstracts database will get access to the Citation and Abstracts within the database – known as TULSA – on a site license basis.
- Customers who do not contract with/subscribe directly to the University of Tulsa Petroleum Abstracts database will only have access to the Citations within the database – known as TULSA2 – on a transactional basis.
If any TULSA2 user would like to obtain access to the Abstracts, please contact your Dialog representative and we will coordinate this with the University of Tulsa.
- Petroleum exploration geology, geophysics, and geochemistry
- Well logging
- Well completion and servicing
- Production of oil and gas
- Reservoir engineering and recovery methods
- Pipelining, shipping and storage
- Alternate fuels and energy sources
- Health, safety and environment
GEOBASE provides bibliographic information and abstracts for physical and human geography, the Earth sciences, ecology, geomechanics, and oceanography. Included are abstracts of journal articles and, books, giving unequalled coverage of the relevant core international scientific and technical periodicals. Additionally, GEOBASE has a unique coverage of non-English language and less readily available publications, including conference proceedings and reports.
SciSearch®: a Cited Reference Science Database is not only a large, multi-disciplinary, international bibliographic database covering 150 disciplines in science, technology and biomedicine, but also the world’s preeminent citation database with millions of cited reference connections indexed from high quality peer reviewed journals and proceedings.
Ei Compendex® is the most comprehensive bibliographic engineering database, covering 190 disciplines from the world’s significant engineering and technology literature. Subjects include: civil, energy, environmental, geological, and biological engineering; electrical, electronics, and control engineering; chemical, mining, metals, and fuel engineering; mechanical, automotive, nuclear, and aerospace engineering; computers, and robotics.