Polymer Library (formerly known as RAPRA Abstracts (Rubber and Plastics)) is dedicated exclusively to polymers, including rubbers, elastomers, plastics, bioplastics, adhesives, and composites. The database contains a comprehensive collection of extensively indexed summaries covering technical, academic, commercial, and marketing aspects of the main polymeric industries. Source material includes approximately 2,000 journals ranging from high science, open
access, technical overviews, to trade and business press. Prominent conferences within the field are also covered.
Subjects extensively covered within the scope of Polymer Library include:
• Additives and Compounding Ingredients
• Applications of Polymers
• Chemical Modification
• Company Information
• Economic and Commercial Information
• Environmental Issues
• Industrial Hazards and Toxicology
• Intermediate and Semi-finished Products
• Machinery and Test Equipment
• Markets and Industry Statistics
• Polymer Synthesis
• Processing Technology
• Properties and Testing
• Trade Names and Product Announcements
Applications include, but are not limited to:
• Automotive and Tyres
• Belting, Hoses, and Tubing
• Building and Construction
• Electrical and Electronics
• Membranes and Fuel Cells
Use Polymer Library to answer questions like:
– What standards are applicable to aircraft tyres in the UK?
– Has Du Pont been involved in any inward investment or joint venture activities in China?
– What are the applications for PVC in the textile/clothing industries?
– What information is available on manufacturing processe for car bumpers in Japan?
Date Coverage 1972 – 2018
Update Frequency -Stopped updating June 2018; previously Weekly
Geographic Coverage -International
• Journal Articles
• Conferences and Symposia
• Books and Book Chapters
• Press Releases
• Patents (1994-2001)
• Standards and Specifications (until 2005)