Health Research Full Text Professional
In the medical field, access to the latest healthcare information is always essential, whether it’s for students, researchers, medical professionals, hospital administrators, or even for patients and their families. The Health Research Full Text Professional collection addresses these diverse needs by offering a central access point to a variety of essential medical resources.
The Health Research Full Text Professional collection is uniquely suited for libraries whose users require content for learning and researching health, medicine, and related subject areas. Our content helps health science librarians meet the research needs of their many audiences, whether it’s supporting a clinical research study, or providing faculty with instructional multimedia content to help students connect theory to practice.
While other providers tend to focus solely on the information needs of established professionals, our unique mix of training content, scholarly literature, and clinical reference materials is accessible to those preparing for a career in healthcare. The variety of source types makes it easier for students and researchers alike to understand new subjects, access relevant literature, and monitor the latest thinking. The Health Research Premium Collection serves a wide range of users with the broadest collection of healthcare journals, evidence-based resources, and full-text dissertations.
This resource provides subscribing institutions with the widest breadth of aggregated health and medical content, and includes the following databases:
- Health & Medical Collection — in-depth coverage from leading biomedical publications
- Nursing & Allied Health Database — reliable healthcare information covering nursing, allied health, alternative and complementary medicine, and much more
- Health Management Database — relevant resources for anyone interested in the business of running a health organization
- Psychology Database — key information from leading psychology and psychosomatic publications
- Public Health Database — a global resource for students, faculty, researchers, clinicians, policy makers, and all others involved in the study of population and public health
- Family Health Database — journals and magazines covering an enormous range of health subjects, from sports injuries to women’s health, from food and nutrition to midwifery, from to eye care to dentistry
- MEDLINE® — a bibliographic database produced by the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM). The database contains millions of citations derived from thousands of biomedical and life science journals, and is indexed with Medical Subject Headings (MeSH®) from the NLM controlled vocabulary.
Subject areas include:
• Cardiovascular diseases
• Communicable diseases
• Digestive diseases
• Endocrine diseases
• Hemic diseases
• Lymphatic diseases
• Musculoskeletal diseases
• Nervous system
• Respiratory diseases
• Urogenital diseases
About the Health Research Full Text Professional collection:
Ongoing full-text access to premier journals. The collection offers ongoing full-text access to leading scholarly publications including The New England Journal of Medicine, The Lancet, and The BMJ and is easily linked to other required content. Compared to other providers, the Health Research Premium Collection has shorter embargoes and more full-text content.
Comprehensive medical literature reviews. The collection supports end user need for diverse content with more than 32,000 full-text dissertations covering many areas including nursing, psychology, and health management. Summary journals, conference proceedings, industry and healthcare reports, trade journals, books, and more into a single cross-searchable collection. These primary, secondary, and tertiary content sources cover the spectrum of medicine and give all users from undergraduates and faculty to clinicians and practitioners easy access to relevant content.
Best practice. Access to evidence-based resources is as important as ever, the collection includes thousands of evidence based articles (systematic reviews and meta-analysis) and more than 74,000 clinical trial records as well as expert opinions and findings from cohort and experimental studies.
Practical learning content. Preparation is the key to success in the clinical setting. Students can prepare for their clinical rounds through our collection of MedCom video clips to see important skills and concepts in action. Likewise, instructors can assign clips to students to reinforce textbook learnings or as a follow up to clinical experiences.
More information can be found here.
GeoRef, the geosciences database, was established by the American Geosciences Institute (AGI) in 1966 and provides worldwide coverage of all geological topics. GeoRef is AGI’s most comprehensive...
GEOBASE is a geoscience literature research database providing bibliographic information and abstracts for physical and human geography, the Earth sciences, ecology, geomechanics, and oceanography....
Access SciSearch through the Dialog platform
Access SciSearch on Dialog to search over 8,850 journals from 80 countries across nearly every subject area within the fields of science and technology. SciSearch®: a Cited Reference Science...