Ei Compendex is a bibliographic engineering database covering 190 disciplines from the world’s significant engineering and technology literature. Subjects include: civil, energy, environmental, geological, and biological engineering; electrical, electronics, and control engineering; chemical, mining, metals, and fuel engineering; mechanical, automotive, nuclear, and aerospace engineering; computers, and robotics. Some 6,500 primary sources are monitored for articles of technological importance. Articles are drawn from journals, transactions, reports and special publications of engineering societies, scientific and technical associations, government agencies, universities, laboratories, research institutions and industrial organizations; proceedings of conferences, symposia and colloquia; monographs; standards; seminars and reports. Sources are from 58 countries and in 26 languages.
Ei Compendex’s coverage of international engineering and technology topics includes, but is not limited to:
- Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Physics (High Energy, Plasma, Nuclear and Solid State)
- Bioengineering and Medical Equipment
- Chemical Engineering, Ceramics, Plastics and Polymers, Food Technology
- Civil and Structural Engineering, Environmental Technology
- Electrical, Instrumentation, Control Engineering, Power Engineering
- Electronics, Computers, Communications
- Energy Technology and Petroleum Engineering
- Engineering Management and Industrial Engineering
- Light and Optical Technology
- Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Ocean and Underwater Technology
- Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering and Transportation
- Mining and Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science
More information on Ei Compendex can be found here.
GEOBASE provides bibliographic information and abstracts for physical and human geography, the Earth sciences, ecology, geomechanics, and oceanography. Included are abstracts of journal articles and, books, giving unequalled coverage of the relevant core international scientific and technical periodicals. Additionally, GEOBASE has a unique coverage of non-English language and less readily available publications, including conference proceedings and reports.
Access SciSearch through the Dialog platform
SciSearch®: a Cited Reference Science Database is not only a large, multi-disciplinary, international bibliographic database covering 150 disciplines in science, technology and biomedicine, but also the world’s preeminent citation database with millions of cited reference connections indexed from high quality peer reviewed journals and proceedings.
Inspec®, a bibliographic database, comprises abstracts and specialized indexing of the world’s quality research literature in the fields of physics and engineering from journals and serials, conference papers and proceedings, books and book chapters, and technical reports.